Privacy and Information Security
This Privacy Notice together with the Website Use Disclaimer and our Terms of Business (if applicable) set out the basis on which Hoge 100 Business Systems Ltd processes your personal data.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy and your data are protected.
If, when using this website or providing us with data for analysis or investigation, you provide certain information by which you, your customers, suppliers or other contacts, can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
This policy is effective from 1st May 2018.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
Your personal data may be collected by us in a number of ways, including:
- Through our provision of services to you;
- When you provide us with information in relation to your attendance at any of our seminars or other hosted events;
- When you provide information to us by filling in forms on this web site. For example, this includes information provided at the time of registering for newsletters and updates on this web site, subscribing to our services, participating in webinars, posting material or requesting further services;
- When you complete surveys that we use for research purposes;
- When you contact us for these and any other reason, we may monitor and keep a record of that correspondence (in whatever form);
- When we collect publicly available information about you or your business (including through electronic data sources); and
- When we collect your personal data from third parties (for example our clients or your suppliers).
The Type of Data That We Might Collect
The categories of your personal data that we might collect include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Contact details (including names, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers);
- Professional information such as job titles, previous jobs, and professional experience and qualifications;
- Where you provide it, information about your hobbies and interests;
- Details of your visits to this web site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data; and
- Images captured by our offices' CCTV cameras.
Where necessary and legally permitted, we may also collect more sensitive data such as diversity and health data, and details of offences and related proceedings.
Use of Personal Information
We process personal information about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you or a client with, and to improve, our services;
- To deal with your enquiries and requests;
- To contact you in the course of providing services to our clients;
- To provide you with information about our services, and to advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information, and to carry out market research campaigns;
- To provide you with any other information that you request from us;
- To comply with our legal obligations; and
- Where we have other legitimate reasons, such as for internal compliance and security purposes.
You can change your preferences for receiving marketing emails, technical updates and other information from us by clicking on the 'update your preferences' link in a Hoge 100 email.
Please note that we may use your marketing and content preferences, and other information you provide to us (including details of your attendance at, or interest in, events) in order to build a profile for you. We may supplement this profile with information about how you use our websites, review our content and interact with us. We use this profile to try and ensure that you only receive information that you are likely to find of interest.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. When we collect contact information from you (for example, when you provide us with your business card), we may add your details to our contacts database and to our mailing lists. In all other cases, we will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by sending us an email at email@example.com, calling us on +44 (0)1905 947257, writing to us at the following address: Hoge 100 Business Systems Ltd, IMS House, Prescott Drive, Worcester, WR4 9NE, United Kingdom or clicking on 'unsubscribe' on any marketing email received.
Security and Storage of Your Personal Information
We currently only have offices in the United Kingdom and we may disclose personal information to third parties in certain circumstances, for example for technical evaluation of problems in databases.
When you provide information to us (or a third party on our behalf) it will not be accessed or used in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
By submitting your personal information, you consent to this transfer, storing or processing.
A cookie is a small file that is placed on your computer's hard drive. If you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We might use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This might prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website might contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Access to information
You have the right of access to personal data which have been collected concerning you, and to exercise that right easily and at reasonable intervals, in order to be aware of, and verify, the lawfulness of the processing that we might carry out. In most circumstances, the information requested will be provided free of charge but a reasonable fee will be chearged if a request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive. This fee will be based on the administrative cost of providing the information.
We will ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request.
To obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, please write to us at Hoge 100 Business Systems Ltd, IMS House, Prescott Drive, Worcester, WR4 9NE, United Kingdom, marked to the attention of the 'Data Protection Officer'.